We are the second biggest private cord blood bank in Europe with more than 20 years of experience and thanks to international cooperation, our own research and continuous improvement in technology, we can offer clients our considerable experience.
- We offer a method of collection and processing that makes it possible to collect and store almost the entire cell content of the blood collected. Preserving the largest possible quantity and spectrum of stem cells increases the chances of successful treatment in case of their use.
- We released almost 80 cord blood units for all types of treatment: for autologous (own blood) treatment, for siblings and also for unrelated patients. This represents the highest number compared to all other European private cord blood banks.
- We have active branches in 8 European countries: Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Slovakia, Switzerland (Headquarters) and Romania) and we would like to expand into new markets.
- We have licensed laboratories and storage facilities in Slovakia, Romania, Austria and the Czech Republic.
- We are the only family bank in Europe that also operates and finances a public cord blood registry – Slovak Placental Stem Cell Registry.
- In 1997 we were among the first in Europe to begin working with professional preparation of cord blood transplants.
- We were one of the first in the field and so far we have processed and stored the cord blood, cord tissue and placenta for more than 175 000 clients.
- In 2004 our client with a high risk brain tumour was the first in Europe to be treated with own cord blood – the illness was overcome.
- Our public registry Slovak Placental Stem Cell Registry is a member of the international bone marrow and cord blood donors database WMDA – The World Marrow Donor Association; the registry is connected to the EMDIS – the European Marrow Donor Information System /Network and is an associate member of other prestigious international organizations that set quality standards for cord blood products (such as International NetCord Foundation).
WE OFFER MORE
- Programme of free indicated collection – when one child in the family has an illness treatable using cord blood and the mother is expecting a child, we arrange collection, processing and storage of the newborn’s cord blood free of charge to the family.
- Support programme – includes support in cases where a child has a disease that is standardly treated by transplanting their own hematopoietic cells. It also includes assistance in finding a suitable transplant institution in the world, professional consultation and reimbursement of transplant costs and reimbursement of personal expenses.
- Helping Hand programme – as part of this program, we offer assistance to families with preserved umbilical cord blood in finding a suitable medical institution in case of possible experimental treatment. We are looking for transplant centers in Europe and the USA capable of using umbilical cord blood for their treatment and we are organizing access to the treatment. Since 2012 we have organized the treatment of cerebral palsy for our clients at the leading medical institution – Duke University Hospital in the USA.