You are applying for a job within a CBC group. Upon filing your request, this Privacy Statement applies to you and your personal information provided to you. CBC is an international group of companies with many different entities operating in different countries. For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, the CBC Group subject to which you have applied for employment (as an controller for the processing of your personal data) is responsible for the protection of your personal data. This statement explains how we will use your personal information that we obtain from you or from third parties during the employee selection process.
For detailed information, please contact the local Data Protection Officer (see below).
We may update this statement from time to time without notice, so please review it regularly, but in particular if you provide us with your personal information. This version of the Privacy Statement was released on April 1, 2018.
- Types of personal dataWhen you apply for a job, we get the following information from you:
Contact information. For example, your name, address, email address, phone number.
Information from your resume / CV. Like your previous employment, education, skills, language skills, and any other information you decide to include in your CV.
Cover letter. Any information you choose to include in your motivation list.
Eligibility to work. You may have to prove that you are legally qualified to work.
Additionally, depending on your position, we may, based on your consent or our legitimate interests, obtain third-party information:
Internal applications. If you already work with CBC and take an internal position, we may use your personal information to supplement the information you provide when you apply for a job.
We may ask you to undergo an assessment of your abilities, personality or cognitive abilities. Such assessments are typically conducted using third-party software or through a third-party company that shares our results with us. Before making this review, we’ll give you more information about your specific situation.
Pre-employment verification. Depending on the nature of the position and the country in question, we may ask an expert for pre-employment verification to see if there are any circumstances that might exclude you from this job. Before the review runs, you will be discussing whether or not the scope and purpose will be met.
References. We can choose to get references from people who worked with you in the past. Generally speaking, we will contact these people only by providing us with their names and contact details. If you are already a CBC employee, we may ask your manager and / or co-workers for references, even without your knowledge.
- Purpose of the data processingThe Controller will process your data for the following purposes:
Recruitment of employees. We process your data to see if you are a qualified candidate for the position you are applying for.
Dispute resolution. We may process personal data to resolve disputes, complaints, or legal proceedings.
Compliance with the law. We may need to process your personal information to comply with the law or to comply with a court order.
- Parties that may have access to your dataThe Controller may share your data with third parties in the following circumstances:
If we obtain information from third parties (as outlined above), we will provide you with your name and any other information necessary to provide us with relevant information about you.
We may share your personal information with other third parties acting on our behalf, such as a recruiting service provider. In such cases, these third parties may use your personal information only for the purposes described above and only in accordance with our instructions as intermediaries;
Our employees will have access to personal data. In such a case, access shall be granted only if it is necessary for the abovementioned purposes and only if the employee is bound by the obligation of confidentiality;
If required by law or court order, we may share your personal information with, for example, law enforcement or other governmental authorities.
- Location of your personal informationOur employees will have access to your personal data within the European Economic Area while in our care. Access to your data will also be available in Switzerland, which has laws guaranteeing a level of data protection similar to that of the European Union.
- Storing personal dataWe keep your personal data for a limited time, and these data will be deleted when they are no longer needed for processing, and other valid legislation does not require you to archive the data for a longer period of time. In most cases, this means that we will store your data for the duration of your contract. As far as possible, we will delete the data as long as your contract is in force as soon as it is no longer necessary. In any case, we will erase your personal records within 24 months after the termination of the contractual relationship, unless local legislation requires them to be retained.
We may process your personal information for a longer period of time after termination of the relationship in the event of a continuing legal dispute or if you have granted us permission to store your personal data for a long time.
- Legal basis for processing your dataIn most cases, we process your personal information on the basis that the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interest we are pursuing, on a contractual basis or on the basis of your consent as the data subject or by law as a separate regulation. In many cases, we will also need to process your personal information on a legal basis. In the case of consent processing, you always have the option to cancel your consent.
- Your rights under the General Data Protection RegulationAccording to the GDPR, you have certain rights. Right of access by the Data SubjectYou are entitled to a copy of the personal information we have about you as well as some details on how we use it.Your personal information will normally be provided to you in writing, unless otherwise requested, or if you have requested it by electronic means, the information will be provided electronically if possible.Right to rectificationWe take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information we have about you. However, if you do not think so, you can ask us to update or supplement this information.Right to erasure
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete your personal information, for example, when the personal data we have obtained is no longer necessary for the original purpose or when you withdraw consent. However, this will need to be balanced with other factors. For example, we may have legal and regulatory obligations, which means we will not be able to meet your request.
Right to restriction of processing
Under certain circumstances, you are entitled to ask us to discontinue your personal information, for example, when you believe that the personal information we have about you may be inaccurate or if you believe that we no longer need your personal data to be used.
Right to data portability
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to transfer the personal data you have provided us to another third party of your choice.
The right to object
You have a right to object to data processing that is based on our legitimate interests, as is the case here. If we do not have a valid legitimate reason for processing when you file an objection, we will not process your personal data further. However, please note that we may not be able to provide certain services or benefits unless we are able to process the necessary personal data for that purpose.
Rights related to automated decision making
You have the right to refuse automated decision-making, including profiling, which has a significant legal or similar effect on you. Group companies typically do not use automated decision making or profiling, but if you were the subject of an automated decision and you disagree with the result, you can contact us through the contact details below and ask us to review the decision.
Right to cancel consent
In most cases, we do not process your personal information with your consent. However, it may happen that we ask for your consent in specific cases. Where we do, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the further use of your personal information.
- Contact detailsIf you would like to contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.